Frequently Asked Questions
Student Service FAQ
Tuition and Financial Aid FAQ
- I am an SNL student and have been taking classes on-campus. How does an online course work?
SNL Online courses are open to all SNL students and are offered in the D2L course management system. Each course contains content to read, assignments to complete, and threaded discussions. You can login to the course any day of the week and at any time of the day. All courses require that you regularly participate and complete your assignments according to the course schedule.
- When and how do I register for courses?
The fastest and the most convenient way to register for courses is though Campus Connect at https://campusconnect.depaul.edu. See course information and pre-requisites at http://snl.depaul.edu/Courses/Undergraduate/Registration.asp.
- When I register for an online course, will I be contacted by my instructor?
Your instructor will contact you via email during the first week of class. We use the email address you mark as "Preferred"
under Demographic Information in Campus Connect. Plesse check this information and make sure it is correct.
- How do I contact my instructor?
You can contact your instructors via phone or email. See http://snl.depaul.edu/People/Faculty/index.asp
- How do I register for a Proficiency Exam?
Proficiency Exams are available for L4 Academic Writing, L5 Critical Thinking, L6 Quantitative Reasoning, and S5 Information Technology competences. See http://snl.depaul.edu/StudentResources/Proficiency_Exams/index.asp
- How do I register for an ILP?
You can submit an Independent Learning Pursuit (ILP) only after you have completed LL 250 Foundations of Adult Learning. Please consult with your faculty mentor before you submit an ILP. See also the Foundations Resource Book for more information.Once your ILP has been approved, it will appear on Campus Connect and you will be charged a fee for $150. Download the ILP Submission Form here.
- When do I transfer my prior college courses?
Pre-approved courses transfer during Learning Assessment Seminar. Non-pre-approved courses transfer after LL 250 Foundations of Adult Learning as you document their competence. Please refer to the Foundations Resource Book for more information.
- When will my transfer courses show up on Campus Connect?
Non-pre-approved courses from other colleges are eligible to transfer during and after you complete LL 250 Foundations of Adult Learning. Once you complete the Transfer Coursework Assessment Form and Log Sheet, forward it to your Faculty Mentor for review. If approved, Form and Log Sheet will be sent to Teaching, Learning and Assessment Committee (TLAC) for review. Please contact your Faculty Mentor with additional questions.
- When am I assigned an advisor?
After admission, an SNL staff advisor will contact you to offer assistance. After registering for LL 250 Foundations of Adult Learning, your instructor for this course will become your faculty mentor for the remainder of the program.
- What is an "Incomplete"grade and how does it work?
- What paperwork do I need to fill out in order to graduate?
Back To Top
Student Services FAQ
- Where do I find SNL forms?
You can find necessary forms at http://www.snl.depaul.edu/StudentResources/Forms/index.asp
- How do I get my Campus Connect username and password?
Campus Connect at https://campusconnect.depaul.edu allows you to register for courses, pay tuition, and see your grades. Your Campus Connect username and password are mailed in your admission letter. If you have forgotten or lost your Campus Connect username and password, please call 312-362-8765 for assistance.
- Where can I buy my books?
Books for all SNL online classes are available for purchase through our online book vendor MBS Direct. To buy your books, go to http://www.mbsdirect.net .
- Type 'DePaul' for name of the school.
- Click on 'Buy Course Materials'.
- Click on ‘ SNL -Distance Education'- For the term in which you are purchasing books.
If you register for classes during the first week of the quarter, you are responsible for ordering your textbooks within 24 hours of registration. Please note that books for online courses are not available at the DePaul campus bookstore.
- How do I get a DePaul ID card and email account?
- Where can I get graduation information and deadlines?
Back To Top
Tuition & Financial Aid FAQ
- What is the cost of tuition?
- Tuition is $530 per credit hour.
- Independent Learning Pursuits (ILP) are $150 each.
- Proficiency exams (L4 Academic Writing, L5 Critical Thinking, L6 Quantitative Reasoning, and S5 Information Technology) are $150 each.
- There is no charge for transfer courses.
- Is the cost of tuition different from on-campus?
The cost of tuition is the same for online and on-campus courses.
- What paperwork do I need to fill out for employer reimbursement?
DePEPER is a payment option for students who receive tuition reimbursement from their employers. See http://studentaccounts.depaul.edu/DePeper.html
- Who do I contact if I have questions related to financial aid?
You can contact the DePaul Financial aid office at 312-362-8091 for questions related to Financial Aid. See http://www.depaul.edu/financial_aid/current/current_contactus.asp.
Back To Top
- What technical requirements are there for an online course?
- Where can I get help with Office 2007?
- Where can I get help with my course wiki?
Back To Top